While power tools are really “powerful” little pieces of machinery,they also have a life span.When your tools die,what do you exactly do?Actually,when a power tool (or any device running on batteries) dies,it isn’t really broken or it hasn’t really died out.It may just mean that your batteries may need some reconditioning.The power tool battery replacement reconditioning is a cheaper option in comparison to buying batteries or worse,buying a new one.If you’re a DIY guy or gal,then your power tools are especially important.
So,do you konw how does power tools battery reconditioning work?
Basically,these tools make use of nickel cadmium or NiCad batteries,which can be recharged for a couple of times before they eventually die. However,even if the battery “dies” it can still be revived through a process called battery reconditioning,rendering it useful once again.Reconditioning should ideally be done prior to the death of the battery’s death,at least once every month in order to extend the battery’s life.
How does one recondition power tool batteries?
These batteries can easily be reconditioned,and you can take this up as a DIY project anytime.To start this DIY project,you will only need two things – an electrical charger and an outlet.Now that you have these two things,you can start your DIY project.Here are some tips to keep in mind once you start the DIY project.
- Now that it is full,use it on the tool again; turn the power tool once again.Check the time it takes to drain it out.Does the same procedure until you notice the battery’s life increase?
- To start, turn on the tool until it completely discharges.Once it dies out,charge the battery and then charge it as you would on a normal basis.Charge the battery until it’s charge is full.
- Make sure that you only discharge as much as two times during the reconditioning process-or else you’ll end straining the battery.
- The battery’s life span may not eventually increase right during the first reconditioning process,but by doing the same thing every month, you can increase your battery’s life span substantially.
- If,after several months of reconditioning,the battery’s life steadily deteriorates,the battery may have already died out and used its full lifespan.For this case,the best option would then be to replace your batteries instead.
It’s good to remember that the suggestion above is simply one way of power tool battery reconditioning.You can try out other reconditioning methods which might be more complicated.Regardless of your method of choice,the important thing is that you take steps to recondition your battery,so that the battery’s life lasts longer and is more useful for you!